Below is a snapshot of much of the pre-market news moving individual stocks this morning:
- Activision (ATVI) raised guidance on Guitar Hero III sales; stock up 8% pre-market.
- Barrier Therapeutics (BTRX) announced positive results of higher dose escalation clinical safety study with pramiconazole.
- Casual Male (CMRG) indicated lower after missing earnings and guiding lower.
- CIGNA (CI) is acquiring Great-West Healthcare for $1.5 Billion.
- Citigroup (C) sold a $7.5 Billion stake to Abu Dhabi Fund.
- GlobalSantaFe (GSF) has received a subpoena from the SEC seeking documents related to the company’s ongoing internal investigation.
- Hydrogenics (HYGS) received a $1.7 million order for three fuel cell hybrid MiniBuses for an Expo in Spain.
- Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR) announced positive one-year data from Chondrogen trial for knee repair in its preparation of adult stem cells formulated for direct injection into the knee.
- Penford Corp (PENX) announced a 2 Million share common stock offering, although this was under the existing shelf offering.
- Pharmacopeia (PCOP) and GlaxoSmithKline identified two new additional lead compounds that will trigger milestone payment of $1 million to Pharmacopeia.
- Qiao Xing (XING) telegraphss medium and long-term business plans and will continue to take steps to ensure growth of 20% to 30% per year for the next 5-years.
- Sepracor (SEPR) announced the completion of its SEC investigation and no enforcement action was recommended.
- Smith & Nephew (SNN) announces precautionary knee recall.
- Staples (SPLS) $0.42 EPS vs $0.40 est.
- Tech Data (TECD) $0.73 EPS vs $0.60 est. (unsure if comparable) sales guidance for Q4 looks a tad light.
- Tenet Healthcare (THC) entered into a new national insurance coverage agreement with UnitedHealthcare (UNH).
Jon C. Ogg
November 27, 2007
Jon Ogg produces the 24/7 Wall St. Special Situation Investing Newsletter; he does not own securities in the companies he covers.