These are not at all the only analyst calls that 247WallSt.com is looking at today in an active negative market, but these are 10 of the more influential calls that may stand out in an otherwise cautious or negative market:
- ADC Telecom (NASDAQ: ADCT) raised to Outperform at Morgan Keegan.
- Autodesk (NASDAQ: ADSK) cut to Hold from Buy at Jefferies.
- Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) raised to BUY from Neutral at Banc of America.
- Estee Lauder (NYSE: EL) raised to Neutral from Sell at UBS.
- F5 Networks (NASDAQ: FFIV) cut to Hold from Buy at Jefferies.
- Intel Corp. (NASDAQ: INTC) upgraded to Equal Weight from Underweight at Morgan Stanley; estimates lowered at Goldman Sachs (and likely many more).
- Petro Canada (NYSE: PCZ) downgraded to Neutral from outperform at Credit Suisse.
- Tellabs (NASDAQ: TLAB) raised to Buy from Neutral at UBS (large call option buying recently).
- Triple S management (NYSE: GTS) started after quiet period: Outperform at Credit Suisse, Outperform at Oppenheimer, and Neutral at UBS.
- Vertex (NASDAQ: VRTX) raised to Buy from Neutral at Banc of America.
Jon C. Ogg
January 16, 2008