The second group is out, and here are the year-end holdings of Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. (NYSE: BRK-A). This filing shows the holdings alphabetically as “H to R” for stocks and the cut off date is December 31, 2008. We also added in some color for reference to the prior report:
- Home Depot Inc. (NYSE: HD) 3.7 Million shares; same as before but down from June.
- Ingersoll-Rand (NYSE: IR) 7.78 million, above the 5.6366 million before.
- Iron Mountain (NYSE: IRM) 3.3722 million shares, same as last quarter.
- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) 28.6 million shares, down by more than half from about 62 million last quarter.
- Kraft Foods (NYSE: KFT) over 138 million. We had 148 million last time but that could have been a carrying difference we didn’t catch.
- Lowes Companies (NYSE: LOW) 6.5 million shares, same as last quarter.
- M&T Bank Corp. (NYSE: MTB) 6.71 million shares, same as last quarter.
- Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) about 48 million shares, same as before but may actually be larger since the 12/31 reporting.
- Nalco Holding (NYSE: NLC) 8.730 million shares; NEW HOLDING from last quarter.
- Nike Inc. (NYSE: NKE) 7.641 million shares, same as last quarter.
- Norfolk Southern (NYSE: NSC) 1.933 million shares, still same.
- NRG Energy (NYSE: NRG) 7.2 million, up from 5 million last quarter.
- Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG) 96.3 million, down from more than 105.8 million last quarter.
Jon C. Ogg
February 17, 2009