Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK-A)(BRK-B) has released its Q2-2009 public equity holdings as of June 30, 2009. There are some portfolio changes that have been seen here from the end of Q1 and we have broken these down into 3 groups of ‘A to F’ and ‘G to O’ and ‘P to Z’ so these are easier to see on one page. Here are Warren Buffett’s holdings and accompanying notes for the group ‘G to O.’
- Gannett Co. (NYSE: GCI) 3.447 million shares, same as before.
- General Electric Corp. (NYSE: GE) 7.777 million shares is the same as before, but does not include the preferred investment from late 2008.
- GlaxoSmithkline (NYSE: GSK) 1.51 million shares, same as before.
- Home Depot Inc. (NYSE: HD) 2.757 million, actually less than the 3.7 million shares in Q1.
- Ingersoll-Rand (NYSE: IR) 7.78 million, same as last quarter.
- Iron Mountain (NYSE: IRM) 3.3722 million shares, same as before.
- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) was just over 36.91 million shares; ABOVE the 32.5 million last quarter and above the 28.6 million in Q4. This is still well under the huge 62 million shares last year.
- Kraft Foods (NYSE: KFT) over 138 million; looks roughly the same as before.
- Lowe’s Companies (NYSE: LOW) 6.5 million shares, same as before unlike at Home Depot.
- M&T Bank Corp. (NYSE: MTB) 6.71 million shares, same as before.
- Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) 48 million shares are listed as the same as before, however we already know that Buffett CUT THIS SINCE JUNE 30 and may cut it further.
- Nalco Holding (NYSE: NLC) 9.0 million shares, same as Q1 after the Q1 position had been raised.
- Nike Inc. (NYSE: NKE) 7.641 million shares, same as before.
- Norfolk Southern (NYSE: NSC) 1.933 million shares, same as before.
- NRG Energy (NYSE: NRG) 7.2 million, same as before.
JON C. OGG
AUGUST 14, 2009