Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) has just announced the formal roll-out plan for the new iPad in China. The “third generation of its category defining mobile device” will debut in China on Friday, July 20. That being said, all revenues recognized will not be included until the earnings report until October. The new iPad features:
- a new Retina display,
- Apple’s new A5X chip with quad-core graphics,
- a 5 megapixel camera with advanced optics,
- 10 hour battery life.
Prices are as follows in black or white models (in US Dollars):
- $499 for the 16GB model,
- $599 for the 32GB model,
- $699 for the 64GB model,
- $629 for the 16GB iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular model,
- $729 for the 32GB iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular model,
- and $829 for the 64GB iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular model.
China has been one of the great growth drivers for Apple in recent quarters. The question we have is whether or not China is slowing so fast that the launch will be muted. Apple has so far managed to grow in good times and bad times.
JON C. OGG