It’s that time again. Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. (NYSE: BRK-A) have filed with the SEC showing what the Oracle of Omaha owns in public stocks as of the quarter or as of December 31, 2008 in this case: These are broken out alphabetically by company from A to G, along with some color on each stock compared to prior report:
- American Express Co. (NYSE: AXP) over 151.6 million shares, looks same as before.
- Bank of America Corp. (NYSE: BAC) 5,000,000 shares; same as last quarter but lower than the 9.1 million shares reported in June.
- Burlington Northern Santa Fe (NYSE: BNI) 70.089 million shares, higher than the 63,785,418 shares reported previously but we already knew this one was higher from prior transactions.
- Carmax Inc. (NYSE: KMX) 17.63 million, down from 18.444 million last quarter.
- Coca Cola (NYSE: KO) right at 200,000,000 shares, same as before.
- Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) 12 million shares, same as before.
- Comdisco Holdings (NASDAQ: CDCO) just over 1.5 million shares, same as before.
- ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP) 79.896 million, above the 59.688 million in one unit, but was previously about 83.9 million total. Hard to know if this is a real change or just more reporting or more/less units….
- Constellation Energy Group (NYSE: CEG) 19.897 million shares, but this may have already ended after the last merger.
- Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) 5.254 million shares, same as before.
- Gannett Co. (NYSE: GCI) 3.447 million shares, same as before.
- General Electric Corp. (NYSE: GE) 7.777 million shares, same as before but that does not include the 10% interest bought last year.
- GlaxoSmithkline (NYSE: GSK) 1.51 million shares, same as before.
Jon C. Ogg
February 17, 2009