Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) sells drones for a little as $40. At the high end of the drone spectrum, Amazon has drones priced at $10,000. A drone for everyone, these are an example of how broadly the drone market has become.
The $9,999 DJI Inspire 1 Pro is sold with free shipping. That is where the common features of the product end. Marketers at Amazon describe the product:
- DJI Inspire 1 Pro – The ultimate package that is ready to go for a full day of flight.
- The new motor’s performance has also been improved, providing a greater sense of control.
- Included professional 4K camera and 3-axis stabilization gimbal (Zenmuse X5)
- Live, wireless HD video transmission via DJI Lightbridge
- Two remotes allow you to control the aircraft while your flight partner controls the camera.
The DJI Inspire 1 Pro comes with hundreds of pieces, which range from extra blades to complex cameras and carrying cases that appear hard enough to stop a bullet.
At the opposite end of the drones available on Amazon, the Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone for $39.99 with:
HEADLESS SECURITY SYSTEM for Any Level of Players to Prevent from Losing the Copter
2.4GHz Technology Adopted for Anti-Interference
More Stable and Flexible with 6-Axis Gyro Stablization System
Good Performance of Wind-Resistant Control Range: About 30-50 Meters
Flying Time: About 6-8 minutes Charging Time:about 30-40 minutes (Under currents input 0.5A-1A)
The price ranges from $39.99 to $9,999, but the buyer may find that restrictions on drone use may not allow the new owner to fly one.