As the epic conflict over the debt ceiling draws on, President Obama is besieged by denunciations from the right while fielding a blitz of disapproval from the angry left. The Democrats feel betrayed by his apparent willingness to sell the farm by agreeing to spending cuts demanded by Republicans to programs dear to Democrats. Obama has also been accused during the past week of being too removed from the fray after he and Speaker John Boehner reached an impasse, and negotiations over raising the debt ceiling moved to Congress.
« Top Stocks To Watch This Coming Week, The Unusual Suspects (AMZN, AWK, DYN, ETFC, COF, FSLR, F, GNW, MLNX, LCC, DAL, BKD, FVE, KND, SKH, SUNH)
Read more: Economy
- BMW Recall to Fix Air Bags on 92,000 Mini Coopers
- 6 Top Tech Earnings Previews This Week: IBM, Google, Qualcomm, Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook
- “Furious 7” Likely To Be In Top 10 Movies of All Time
- New IPOs Include Biotech Company
- 7 DIJA Earnings Previews This Week: Verizon, Boeing, Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, Caterpillar, 3M, P&G