Today didn’t look like the normal 52-week low brigade. Usually there is a massive implosion of some sort that took a stock under. Most of these were just more selling trends on news that has already been out. Here are today’s featured lows:
- GenCorp Inc. (NYSE: GY) wasn’t under its 52-week low in the last hour today, but hit $8.23 vs. an $8.28 prior. Aerospace & Defense and Real Estate. Bad combo.
- Globalstar (NASDAQ: GSAT) got back above its prior $3.08 low over the last 52-weeks, but this one just seems to keep getting worse.
- Lionbridge Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: LIOX) was down at $2.66, under the $2.70 to $6.29 range. It looks like the lion’s roar is is a meow, at best.
- National Citiy Corp (NYSE: NCC) was down over 4% at $5.55, under the $5.76 to $35.86 range.
- Playboy (NYSE: PLA) going from bad to worse, and still not a cheap stock. Down another 7% at $6.00 late in the day with a $6.38 to $12.00 52-week range. If this keeps up Heff might have to turn in that mansion, and his activities too.
- Southwest Water (NASDAQ: SWWC) managed to get back above the 52-week lows of $10.52 today, but water (and water utilities) is supposed to be one of those safe sectors.
- Western Refining (NYSE: WNR) merely hit its prior low of $7.81 today. But this stock was at $66.00 over the last year.
Jon C. Ogg
May 16, 2008