Here are the top 10 most shorted stocks traded on the Nasdaq, as of the November 15 settlement date.
- Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI), 276.89 million shares short, up 21.5% from the previous period and 16.8% of the float.
- Frontier Communications Corp. (NASDAQ: FTR), 248.28 million shares, up 7.0% and 21.4% of the float.
- MannKind Corp. (NASDAQ: MNKD), 98.70 million shares, up 1.7 and 30.7% of the float.
- Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (NASDAQ: AMD), 90.83 million shares, up 1.5% and 11.7% of the float.
- Intel Corp. (NASDAQ: INTC), 75.55 million shares, down 6.0% and 1.6% of the float.
- Opko Health Inc. (NASDAQ: FTR), 71.68 million shares, down 1.7% and 21.4% of the float.
- NVIDIA Corp. (NASDAQ: NVDA), 68.52 million shares, up 1.7% and 13.6% of the float.
- Novavax Inc. (NASDAQ: NVAX), 64.23 million shares, down 2.1% and 24.5% of the float.
- BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ: BBRY), 62.04 million shares, up 0.5% and 11.9% of the float.
- Micron Technology Inc. (NASDAQ: MU), 58.36 million shares, down 0.5% and 5.6% of the float.
Note that still only two Nasdaq stocks had more than 100 million shares short by the end of the most recent period. In fact, those top two remain very far ahead of the pack.