CBS Corp. (NYSE: CBS) posted two top shows, while Twenty-First Century Fox Inc. (NASDAQ: FOXA) and Walt Disney Co.’s (NYSE: DIS) ESPN each placed one program in the top 10 for the month. Half of the top 10 were either National Football League games or pre-game shows.
Nielsen makes its viewing estimates on the basis of live views and DVR playbacks of prime time programs on the same day, which is the 24-hour period between 3 a.m. and 3 a.m. The rating number indicates the percentage of TV homes in the United States tuned into television.
The top 10 programs are listed here, along with the network, the program’s rating and the number of viewers. Rank order is determined by the number of viewers.
- Thursday Night Football: NBC and the NFL Network; 12.8 rating; 21.76 million viewers
- Sunday Night Football: NBC; 10.2 rating; 17.75 million viewers
- The Big Bang Theory: CBS; 8.8 rating; 14.54 million viewers
- Sunday Night Football Pre-Kickoff Show: NBC; 7.9 rating; 13.65 million viewers
- NFL (Green Bay v. Philadelphia): ESPN; 7.8 rating; 13.06 million viewers
- Thursday Night Football Pre-Kickoff Show: NBC and NFL Network; 7.4 rating; 12.23 million viewers
- 60 Minutes: CBS; 7.4 rating; 11.85 million viewers
- NBC Movie Special November 30: NBC; 7.0 rating; 11.58 million viewers
- The OT: Fox; 6.9 rating; 12.18 million viewers
- The Voice-Tuesday: NBC; 6.6 rating; 10.639 million viewers