Adobe Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: ADBE) is set to release its fiscal third-quarter financial results after the markets close on Tuesday. The consensus estimates from Thomson Reuters are $0.72 for earnings per share (EPS) on $1.45 billion in revenue. The same period of last year reportedly had $0.54 in EPS on revenue of $1.22 billion.
In the most recent report, the company noted record revenue with strong profit and cash flow. Based on its first-half performance and momentum, management believes that it is on track to meet or exceed all of its annual fiscal year 2016 targets.
As the year has gone on, more brands, government agencies and educational institutions globally are choosing to base their digital strategies on Adobe’s content and data platforms. The firm’s exceptional performance in the first quarter, and first half for that matter, is an indicator of the strong momentum Adobe is seeing across its cloud businesses as it drives the experience economy.
Ahead of the earnings release, analysts weighed in on the stock:
- Cowen reiterated an Outperform rating with a $115 price target.
- Merrill Lynch reiterated a Buy rating with a $109 price target.
- Stephens initiated coverage with an Overweight rating and a $125 price target.
- Piper Jaffray has an Overweight rating with a $125 price target.
- Oppenheimer reiterated a Market Perform rating.
- Sanford Bernstein reiterated an Outperform rating with a $114 price target.
- Credit Suisse reiterated a Neutral rating with a $105 price target.
- Goldman Sachs also reiterated a Neutral rating with a $105 price target.
- JPMorgan reiterated an Overweight rating with a $110 price target.
- Citigroup has a Buy rating with a $114 price target.
- Deutsche Bank reiterated a Buy rating with a $120 price target.
- Canaccord Genuity reiterated a Buy rating with a $110 price target.
So far in 2016, Adobe has performed more or less in line with the broad markets, with the stock up 6%. Over the past 52 weeks, the stock was up 22%.
Shares of Adobe were trading up 0.6% at $100.28 on Tuesday, with a consensus analyst price target of $112.46 and a 52-week trading range of $71.27 to $104.16.