Jobs With the Best (and Worst) Job Security

Print Email

Source: Thinkstock

20. Carpet, floor, and tile installers and finishers
> Unemployment rate: 8.5% (20th lowest job security)
> Labor force: 200,000
> Median annual wage: N/A
> Proj. job growth 2016-2026: N/A
> Typical entry level edu. required: N/A

Source: gerenme / Getty Images

19. Helpers–production workers
> Unemployment rate: 8.7% (tied – 18th lowest job security)
> Labor force: 55,000
> Median annual wage: $24,830
> Proj. job growth 2016-2026: +11.6%
> Typical entry level edu. required: High school diploma

Source: Thinkstock

18. Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations
> Unemployment rate: 8.7% (tied – 18th lowest job security)
> Labor force: 1.3 million
> Median annual wage: $45,320
> Proj. job growth 2016-2026: +4.6%
> Typical entry level edu. required: High school diploma

Source: Thinkstock

17. Cleaners of vehicles and equipment
> Unemployment rate: 8.8% (tied – 16th lowest job security)
> Labor force: 363,000
> Median annual wage: $22,220
> Proj. job growth 2016-2026: +10.8%
> Typical entry level edu. required: None

Source: Thinkstock

16. Combined food preparation and serving workers, including fast food
> Unemployment rate: 8.8% (tied – 16th lowest job security)
> Labor force: 408,000
> Median annual wage: $19,440
> Proj. job growth 2016-2026: +16.8%
> Typical entry level edu. required: None