Special Report

The Price of Bacon and Eggs the Year You Were Born

Source: The Sporting News Archives / Wikimedia Commons

1959
> Price of 1 pound of bacon: $0.54
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of bacon: $5.13
> Price of a dozen eggs: $0.44
> Inflation-adjusted price of a dozen eggs: $4.15

Source: Alden Jewell / Wikimedia Commons

1960
> Price of 1 pound of bacon: $0.54
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of bacon: $4.96
> Price of a dozen eggs: $0.47
> Inflation-adjusted price of a dozen eggs: $4.40

Source: The U.S. National Archives / Wikimedia Commons

1961
> Price of 1 pound of bacon: $0.58
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of bacon: $5.35
> Price of a dozen eggs: $0.47
> Inflation-adjusted price of a dozen eggs: $4.35

Source: Wikimedia Commons

1962
> Price of 1 pound of bacon: $0.58
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of bacon: $5.24
> Price of a dozen eggs: $0.45
> Inflation-adjusted price of a dozen eggs: $4.07

Source: Executive Office of the President of the United States / Wikimedia Commons

1963
> Price of 1 pound of bacon: $0.56
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of bacon: $5.02
> Price of a dozen eggs: $0.46
> Inflation-adjusted price of a dozen eggs: $4.08

Source: Harry Pot, / Wikimedia Commons

1964
> Price of 1 pound of bacon: $0.56
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of bacon: $4.97
> Price of a dozen eggs: $0.45
> Inflation-adjusted price of a dozen eggs: $3.98

Source: Seattle Municipal Archives / Wikimedia Commons

1965
> Price of 1 pound of bacon: $0.69
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of bacon: $5.97
> Price of a dozen eggs: $0.44
> Inflation-adjusted price of a dozen eggs: $3.83

Source: NASA / Wikimedia Commons

1966
> Price of 1 pound of bacon: $0.81
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of bacon: $6.83
> Price of a dozen eggs: $0.50
> Inflation-adjusted price of a dozen eggs: $4.24

Source: JOHN LLOYD / Flickr

1967
> Price of 1 pound of bacon: $0.71
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of bacon: $5.82
> Price of a dozen eggs: $0.42
> Inflation-adjusted price of a dozen eggs: $3.44

Source: Ollie Atkins, White House photographer / Library of Congress / Wikimedia Commons

1968
> Price of 1 pound of bacon: $0.69
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of bacon: $5.43
> Price of a dozen eggs: $0.45
> Inflation-adjusted price of a dozen eggs: $3.56

Sponsored: Tips for Investing

A financial advisor can help you understand the advantages and disadvantages of investment properties. Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to three financial advisors who serve your area, and you can interview your advisor matches at no cost to decide which one is right for you. If you’re ready to find an advisor who can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.

Investing in real estate can diversify your portfolio. But expanding your horizons may add additional costs. If you’re an investor looking to minimize expenses, consider checking out online brokerages. They often offer low investment fees, helping you maximize your profit.