Here are the top 10 most shorted stocks traded on the New York Stock Exchange, as of the November 15 settlement date.
- Sprint Corp. (NYSE: S), 152.08 million shares short, down 9.7% from the previous period and 24.0% of the float.
- Bank of America Corp. (NYSE: BAC), 148.77 million shares, up 22.8% and 1.5% of the float.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp. (NYSE: CHK), 128.27 million shares, down 7.0% and 16.8% of the float.
- Ford Motor Co. (NYSE: F), 120.88 million shares, down 14.2% and 3.1% of the float.
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (NYSE: BABA), 112.12 million shares, up 0.4% and 4.5% of the float.
- Vale S.A. (NYSE: VALE), 111.40 million shares, down 19.4%.
- Weatherford International PLC (NYSE: WFT), 106.67 million shares, up 32.7% and 12.1% of the float.
- General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE), 102.03 million shares, down 6.5% and 1.1% of the float.
- AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T), 101.28 million shares, up 4.4% and 1.6% of the float.
- Freeport-McMoRan Inc. (NYSE: FCX), 94.71 million shares, down 20.5% and 7.2% of the float.
Note that the top nine stocks on the list all had more than 100 million shares short at the end of the most recent settlement period.