There have been several research calls in the potash, agriculture, and fertilizer sector this morning which have pushed stocks higher. Agrium Inc. (NYSE: AGU), Mosaic Co. (NYSE: MOS), Terra Industries Inc. (NYSE: TRA), Intrepid Potash, Inc. (NYSE: IPI), Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan, Inc. (NYSE: POT), and CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CF) are all trading higher.
Agrium (NYSE: AGU) was maintained a neutral at Credit Suisse but sawits price target cut to $55 from $60, based upon weaker demand andproduction cuts at several facilities.
Mosaic (NYSE: MOS), Terra Industries (NYSE: TRA) and Intrepid Potash(NYSE: IPI) were all raised to buy at Merrill Lynch as it feels thatthe bottom of the cycle is close and that most of the worst has beenseen.
Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan (NYSE: POT) was also raised to buy atMerrill Lynch, but what is interesting is that Credit Suisse cut itstarget to $100 from $125
CF Industries (NYSE: CF) was also raised to neutral by Merrill Lynch.
- Agrium Inc. (NYSE: AGU) +5.3% at $32.22; 52-week range $22.08 to $113.88
- Mosaic Co. (NYSE: MOS) +8.5% at $34.15; 52-week range $21.94 to $163.25
- Terra Industries Inc. (NYSE: TRA) +7.8% at $15.87; 52-week range $11.21 to $57.64
- Intrepid Potash, Inc. (NYSE: IPI) +5.7% at $19.73; 52-week range $13.80 to $76.24
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan, Inc. (NYSE: POT) +6.6% at $73.80; 52-week range $47.54 to $241.62
- CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CF) +6% at $50.65; 52-week range $37.71 to $172.99
Jon C. Ogg
December 16, 2008