Some of these stocks hit 52-week lows and recovered off of lows so they won’t have a low close. But these did all touch or breach the 52-week lows. At the end we also broke out retail stocks, financial stocks, airlines & transports, and hotels. A separate report could have been compiled for REIT’s as well, but many of those were left off because of room or volume. There were enough 52-week lows today that you might even wonder if there had been a mini-crash in the markets. Here are the 52-week lows for December 28, 2007:
- Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD)… imagine if the company got Hector Ruiz to leave.
- American Greetings (NYSE: AM)…again.
- AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN)… new entrant.
- Carmike Cinemas (NASDAQ:CKEC)
- ChipMOS (NASDAQ:IMOS)
- Corp. Office Property (NYSE: OFC)
- Cryptologic (NASDAQ: CRYP)
- Diebold (NYSE:DBD)
- Fortune Brands (NYSE:FO)
- Group 1 Auto (NYSE: GPI)
- Infinera Corp. (NASDAQ: INFN)
- Introgen (NASDAQ:INGN)
- Japan Smaller Cap Fund (NYSE: JOF)
- Lamar Advertising (NASDAQ: LAMR)
- Legget & Platt (NYSE: LEG)
- Martha Stewart (NYSE: MSO)
- Marvell Tech (NASDAQ:MRVL)
- Mattel (NYSE:MAT)
- McClatchy (NYSE:MNI)
- Micron Tech (NYSE:MU)
- NGAS Resources (NASDAQ:NGAS)
- Nortel Networks (NYSE:NT)
- Owens Corning (NYSE:OC)
- Omnicare (NYSE:OCR)
- Prestige Brand (NYSE: PBH)
- PC-Tel (NASDAQ:PCTI)
- Ruth’s Chris (NASDAQ:RUTH)
- SanDisk (NASDAQ: SNDK)
- Theravance (NASDAQ:THRX)
- Tractor Supply (NASDAQ:TSCO)
- Wendy’s (NYSE: WEN)
- World Fuel Services (NYSE:INT)
- U-Store-It (NYSE:YSI)
Retail Stocks on 52-week lows: Ann Taylor (NYSE:ANN), Big Lots (NYSE:BIG), Borders Group (NYSE:BGP), Bon Ton Stores (NASDAQ:BONT), Chico’s FAS (NYSE:CHS), Finish Line (NASDAQ:FINL), Liz Claiborne (NYSE: LIZ), Macy’s (NYSE: M), Office Max (NYSE:OMX), Petsmart (NASDAQ:PETM), Stage Stores (NYSE:SSI)
Financial stocks on 52-week lows: Bear Stearns (NYSE: BSC), Citigroup (NYSE:C), Canseco (NYSE: CNO), Discover Financial (NYSE: DFS), Fifth Third Bancorp (NASDAQ:FITB), Fortress Investment (NYSE: FIG), MBIA Inc. (NYSE: MBI), Washington Mutual (NYSE:WM)… urgh! When does it stop?
Airlines/Transports on 52-week lows: Airtran Holdings (NYSE: AAI)…again. Did they launch a Friends Die Free rewards plan? Continental Airlines (NYSE:CAL), Fedex (NYSE:FDX), Mesa Air (NASDAQ:MESA), Northwest Airlines (NYSE: NWA)… near $100 oil is a real pain.
Hotels Hitting 52-week lows: Host Hotels (NYSE: HST), Lasalle Hotel (NYSE: LHO), Starwood Hotels (NYSE:HOT), Sunstone Hotel (NYSE: SHO), Wydham Worldwide (NYSE:WYN). Maybe these all wish they could get the private equity buyers back in the sector. If only they could still borrow.
These CEO’s new year’s resolutions are all the same: “In 2008 I want to keep my stock off the 52-week low lists.”
Jon C. Ogg
December 28, 2007