It seems that the early bird analyst calls did not capture the notion that analysts are starting 2009 with more opportunities to downgrade stocks. Here are some additional pre-market analyst downgrades from Wall Street this Monday morning:
- Apollo Investment Corporation (NASDAQ: AINV) Cut to Sell at Stifel Nicolaus; shares are down over 5% on the call.
- AT&T (NYSE: T) Cut to Market Perform at Bernstein; shares down over 2%.
- GSI Commerce (NASDAQ: GSIC) Cut to Hold at Stifel Nicolaus.
- McAfee (NYSE: MFE) Cut to Neutral at Credit Suisse.
- Novellus (NASDAQ: NVLS) Cut to Underperform at Credit Suisse.
- Senior Housing (NYSE: SNH) Cut to Neutral at UBS; shares indicated down 2%.
- Tessoro (NYSE: TSO) Cut to Sell at Soleil.
- Texas Roadhouse (NASDAQ: TXRH) Cut to Neutral at Credit Suisse.
- Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) Cut to Underperform at Bernstein; shares down almost 3%.
Here are the top 10 pre-market analyst upgrades and downgrades:
Jon C. Ogg
January 5, 2009