These are some of the top stocks for day traders and active traders to watch based on pre-market and after-hours volume activity with links to more detailed price and volume analysis on each situation at VSInvestor.com:
- Amgen Inc. (AMGN) is up about 13% on positive Phase III trial results; Novartis Inc. (NYSE: NVS) may be affected negatively.
- MSC Software Corp. (Nasdaq: MSCS) shares are up as Symphony Technology placed a bid on the company for $360 million.
- DryShips Inc. (Nasdaq: DRYS) scored a Credit Suisse upgrade on the stock with close a 5% gain.
- ARYx Therapeutics Inc. (Nasdaq: ARYX) is getting halved after the company’s experimental anticoagulant failed in a late-stage study.
- xenoport Inc. (NASDAQ: XNPT) shares were down strongly after hours on a secondary offering. Ditto on Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: ARNA).
- BPZ Resources Inc. (NYSE: BPZ) is rising after it announced a credit line that will be used to help it fund projects in Peru.
-The 24/7 Wall St. Team