Stocks were indicated higher on Monday, after a positive week before. Could this be a sign that maybe not every rally in 2016 is a selling opportunity? That remains to be seen.
24/7 Wall St. reviews dozens of analyst reports each day to find new investing and trading ideas for its readers. Some analyst reports cover stocks to buy, while other reports cover stocks to sell or avoid.
These are the top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations seen on Monday, February 22, 2016.
AbbVie Inc. (NYSE: ABBV) has a Buy rating at Jefferies, but the firm moved it to the Top Global Pick status, based on increased confidence in biosimilar delays, a cheap valuation and strong 2016 catalyst that should all drive performance.
Deere & Co. (NYSE: DE) was reiterated as Outperform and the price target was raised to $88 from $87 at Credit Suisse. Wells Fargo maintained a Market Perform rating with a valuation range of $80.00 to $83.00.
Expedia Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE) was downgraded to Sell from Hold at Stifel. Shares closed at $108.67 on Friday but were indicated 1.8% lower $106.70 Monday morning. The consensus analyst target price is $132.83 and the 52-week trading range is $88.40 to $140.51.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co. (NYSE: HPE) was started with a mere Neutral rating at Macquarie. The stock closed at $13.67, has a consensus analyst target price of $16.55 and has a post-split trading range of $11.63 to $18.50.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) was reiterated as Outperform with a $75 price target (versus a $57.82 prior close) at Credit Suisse. The firm’s call is ahead of the Investor Day, noting that JPMorgan remains well positioned to sustain above-average return on equity.
Phillips 66 (NYSE: PSX) was reiterated as Buy with a price target of $96 (versus a $80.09 close) at Argus. The consensus price target is $93.82m and the 52-week range is $69.79 to $94.12.
You can follow @Jonogg if you would like the daily analyst calls and other market calls and research in your Twitter feed.
Other key analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations seen on Monday were in the following:
- Basic Energy Services Inc. (NYSE: BAS) was downgraded to Underperform from Market Perform at Raymond James.
- Chimerix Inc. (NASDAQ: CMRX) was downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup.
- Enterprise G.P. Holdings L.P. (NYSE: EPE) was downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Northland Securities.
- Express Scripts Holding Co. (NASDAQ: ESRX) was downgraded to Sell from Hold and the price target was cut to $61 from $93 (versus a $68.01 close) at Deutsche Bank.
- First Republic Bank (NYSE: FRC) was raised to Buy from Hold at Jefferies with a $70 price target (versus a $59.86 close).
- GasLog Ltd. (NYSE: GLOG) was downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup.
- IMAX Corp. (IMAX) was raised to Outperform from Neutral with a $38 price target (versus a $30.49 close) at Wedbush Securities.
- Perrigo Co. (NASDAQ: PRGO) was downgraded to Sell from Neutral with a price target cut to $124 from $160 (versus a $129.34 close) at Goldman Sachs.
- Stifel Financial Corp. (NYSE: SF) was downgraded to Underperform from Neutral and the price target was cut to $27 from $44 (versus a $31.18 close) at Credit Suisse.
- TripAdvisor Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) was downgraded to Sell from Hold at Stifel.
If you missed Friday’s top analyst upgrades and downgrades, they included Applied Materials, Duke Energy, Entergy, Salesforce.com, SunEdison and over a dozen more companies.
Sponsored: Find a Qualified Financial Advisor
Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to 3 fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard to act in your best interests. If you’re ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.