Stocks hit their highs of 2016 last week but closed down marginally on Friday. Futures were indicated lower on Monday after the OPEC meeting failed to win a real outcome. The trend that has come back in recent weeks is that investors have reverted to buying pullbacks.
24/7 Wall St. reviews dozens of analyst research reports each morning of the week to find new investing and trading ideas for our readers. Some of these analyst reports cover stocks to buy, and others cover stocks to sell or avoid.
These are the top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations seen Monday morning:
Arcelor Mittal (NYSE: MT) was downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at JPMorgan. This was after two key upgrades were made last week. Arcelor Mittal closed at $5.58, has a consensus analyst price target of $4.51 and has a 52-week trading range of $2.93 to $11.95.
Citigroup Inc. (NYSE: C) was downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform with a $51 price target at Keefe Bruyette & Woods. Shares closed at $44.92, with a consensus analyst target of $56.12 and a 52-week range of $34.52 to $60.95.
(NYSE: MMM) was reiterated as Buy and the price target was raised to $190 from $187 (versus a $168.78 prior close) at Jefferies. The consensus price target is $164.19, and the 52-week range is $134.00 to $169.00.
NetApp Inc. (NASDAQ: NTAP) was downgraded to Underperform from Neutral with a $22 price target (versus a $25.12 close) at Sterne Agee CRT. Its consensus price target is $25.02, and it has a 52-week range of $20.66 to $37.07.
Union Pacific Corp. (NYSE: UNP) was downgraded to Neutral from Buy at UBS. The consensus price target is $84.88, and the 52-week range is $67.06 to $111.38.
You can follow @Jonogg to get the daily analyst calls and market reports directly on your Twitter feed.
Other key analyst upgrades and downgrades were seen in the following:
- Allergan PLC (NYSE: AGN) was downgraded to Neutral from Overweight and the price target was cut to $238 from $311 (versus a $217.16 close) at Piper Jaffray.
- Bio-Path Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BPTH) was started as Buy with a $5 price target (versus a $2.76 close) at Rodman & Renshaw.
- Calumet Specialty Products Partners L.P. (NASDAQ: CLMT) was downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Janney. Raymond James also downgraded Calumet to Underperform from Market Perform.
- Coty Inc. (NYSE: COTY) was downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Merrill Lynch.
- Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI) was raised to Neutral from Underperform at Merrill Lynch.
- Farmland Partners Inc. (NYSE: FPI) was downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at BMO Capital Markets.
- Hyatt Hotels Corp. (NYSE: H) was downgraded to Neutral from Buy at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.
- National Fuel Gas Co. (NYSE: NFG) was downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies.
- New Gold Inc. (NYSEMKT: NGD) was raised to Overweight from Equal Weight with a $5 price target (versus a $4.15 close) at Barclays.
Friday’s top analyst upgrades and downgrades included 3D Systems, Devon Energy, Intel, Micron Technology, Southwest Airlines, Southwesten Energy, Wells Fargo and over a dozen more companies.