This company has a solid following on Wall Street and is a top technology play for 2018 at Wedbush. Vantiv Inc. (NASDAQ: VNTV) is a payment processor. Its segments include Merchant Services and Financial Institution Services. The company offers a range of payment processing services that enable its clients to meet their payment processing needs through a single provider.
Vantiv’s products enables merchants to accept and process credit, debit and prepaid payments, and they provide them supporting value-added services, such as security solutions and fraud management, information solutions and interchange management.
It also provides payment services to financial institutions, such as card issuer processing, payment network processing, fraud protection, card production, prepaid program management, automated teller machine (ATM) driving and network gateway and switching services that utilize the company’s Jeanie personal identification number (PIN) debit payment network.
The Wedbush price objective is $100. The consensus price target is $81.31, and shares traded at $74.90.
Here are the other top picks at Wedbush for 2018:
Retail and Consumer
- Century Communities Inc. (NYSE: CCS)
- Skechers USA Inc. (NYSE: SXX)
- Floor & Decor Holdings Inc. (NYSE: FND)
- Fiesta Restaurant Group Inc. (NASDAQ: FRGI)
- Citizens Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: CFG)
- Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY)
- Webster Financial Corp. (NYSE: WBS)
- Ascendis Pharma A/S (NASDAQ: ASND)
- DexCom Inc. (NASDAQ: DXMC)
- G1 Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ: GTHX)
Technology, Media and Telecom
- Electronic Arts Inc (NASDAQ: EA)
- Proofpoint Inc. (NASDAQ: PFPT)
- Shopify Inc. (NASDAQ: SHOP)
All the Wedbush picks make good sense for more aggressive growth accounts that have a higher risk tolerance. The mere fact that the analysts don’t chase big momentum stocks or stodgy, snail-like industrials is an advantage for investors looking for alpha opportunities.