Special Report

The Price of Steak the Year You Were Born

Source: Seattle Municipal Archives / Wikimedia Commons

1955
> Price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $0.50
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $5.16

Source: ABC Television / Wikimedia Commons

1956
> Price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $0.50
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $5.01

Source: Public Domain / Wikimedia Commons

1957
> Price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $0.53
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $5.21

Source: National Archives and Records Administration / Wikimedia Commons

1958
> Price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $0.62
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $5.89

Source: The Sporting News Archives / Wikimedia Commons

1959
> Price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $0.64
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $6.03

Source: Alden Jewell / Wikimedia Commons

1960
> Price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $0.62
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $5.77

Source: The U.S. National Archives / Wikimedia Commons

1961
> Price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $0.61
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $5.63

Source: Wikimedia Commons

1962
> Price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $0.64
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $5.78

Source: Executive Office of the President of the United States / Wikimedia Commons

1963
> Price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $0.63
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $5.63

Source: Harry Pot, / Wikimedia Commons

1964
> Price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $0.61
> Inflation-adjusted price of 1 pound of sirloin steak: $5.40

Sponsored: Find a Qualified Financial Advisor

Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to 3 fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard to act in your best interests. If you’re ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.