Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (NYSE: BABA) has managed to turn its post-earnings stock reaction into a serious win from a questionable situation. Now we have seen multiple analysts key in on the Chinese seller of everything with much higher price targets.
To show just how much the change of heart has been, Alibaba shares were at $99 last week ahead of the earnings. Now, after the company’s earnings report, shares have peaked above $110 for the first time.
We have yet to track every single one of the price target changes that have been made, so this will be updated to reflect more analyst calls as they are seen. The price target changes so far were as follows:
- Credit Suisse maintained its Outperform rating and raised its target to $118 from $114. The firm’s call was based on a good improvement in the number of buyers and on its mobile monetization seeing strong traction.
- RBC Capital Markets reiterated its Outperform rating but raised its price target to $130 from $120.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch reiterated its Buy rating and raised its price objective to $122 from $112. The call was based on adding new users, higher completed purchase rates and its leadership position translating to growth down the road.
- Goldman Sachs maintained a Neutral rating, but the price target was raised to $104 from $102.
- Topeka Capital Markets reiterated its Buy rating and raised its target to $125 from $117.
- A day after earnings, Cantor Fitzgerald raised its Alibaba price target to $110 from $90. That was based on Singles Day in a week, better Tmall opportunities and hopes of better mobile monetization.
- Susquehanna raised its price target to $120 from $110. The call was based on active buyer growth, new products and higher mobile monetization.
ALSO READ: UBS Adds Starbucks and Other Top Stocks to Buy to Its Equity Focus List
Sponsored: Find a Qualified Financial Advisor
Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to 3 fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard to act in your best interests. If you’re ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.