Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK) reported its most recent financial results on Thursday after the markets closed. Overall the results were not up to par, but analysts took this opportunity to weigh in on the stock. Despite the muted results, analysts were fairly positive, updating their price targets.
24/7 Wall St. has included some highlights from the earnings report, as well as what analysts are saying after the fact.
The company said that it had $0.05 in earnings per share (EPS) and $212.8 million in revenue for its fiscal second-quarter. Consensus estimates from Thomson Reuters called for EPS of $0.04 on $200.6 million in revenue. The same period from last year reportedly had $0.03 in EPS on revenue of $148.3 million.
In terms of the outlook for the fiscal third-quarter, the company expects to have total revenues in the range of $228 million to $230 million, versus the consensus estimate of $228.87 million. As for the full fiscal year, Splunk expects to see revenues in the range of $910 million to $914 million, while the consensus is predicting $897.49 million.
Other highlights from the report include signing over 500 new enterprise customers and introducing a new breach prevention offering that integrates Splunk with the likes of Palo Alto Networks and Tanium through the Accenture Cyber Defense Platform.
A few analysts updated their targets in on Splunk:
- Baird has an Outperform rating and raised its price target to $65 from $62.
- Barclays has an Equal Weight rating and raised the price target to $56 from $51.
- BMO has an Outperform rating and raised its price target to $66 from $62.
- Canaccord Genuity has a Buy rating and raised the price target to $75 from $65.
- Citigroup raised its price target to $65 from $62.
- Deutsche Bank has a Buy rating and raised its price target to $70 from $65.
- Evercore ISI has a Buy rating with a $72 price target to $72.
- Raymond James has an Outperform rating and raised its price target to $67 from $65.
- Wedbush has an Outperform rating and raised its price target to $72 from $70.
Shares of Splunk were down over 8% to $59.66 Friday, with a consensus analyst price target of $67.79 and a 52-week trading range of $29.85 to $66.90.