This is not every bit of news on individual stocks but this is the major news affecting many shares in pre-market activity this Thursday morning:
- Accenture (ACN) stock up 4% after posting $0.60 EPS vs. estimate of $0.56.
- Activision (ATVI) again guided earnings higher.
- Altus Pharmaceuticals (ALTU) traded down almost 20% after it reacquired ALTU-238 development and commercialization rights for North America from Genentech, an end to the development pact.
- Array BioPharma (ARRY) traded down almost 20% after it announced initial results from a Phase II study comparing its monotherapy with temozolomide in the first-line treatment of advanced melanoma showed no apparent difference in efficacy for the primary endpoint.
- Athersys (ATHX) and Angiotech announce authorization of Phase I stem cell trial for heart attacks.
- Bear Stearns (BSC) expected to post first loss.
- Blackstone (BX) plans to sell a $9 Billion CMBS offer backed by Hilton Hotels in Q1 2008.
- Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) had a 10% stake taken by activist Nelson Peltz.
- Electronic Clearing house (ECHO) getting acquired by intuit for $17.00 per share.
- FedEx (FDX) $1.54 EPS vs. $1.50 estimates (had been lowered) but next quarter $1.15-1.30 vs. $1.38 est.; $6.40 to $6.70 for year bvs. $6.47 estimate.
- Herman Miller (MLHR) $0.72EPS Vs. estimate of $0.59; stock rose about 10%.
- Indevus Pharma (IDEV) trading down about 5% on a non-approvable letter from the FDA for VALSTAR NDA supplement (submitted May 2007).
- Intuit (INTU) paying $131 Million for ECHO.
- LDK Solar (LDK) $0.37 EPS on $157M revenues vs. $0.37/$143.22M est.; Q4 guidance $0.40-$0.41 on $180-$185M revenues vs. $0.41/$167.5M est.; stock indicated down 5%.
- Leggett & Platt (LEG) stock down about 5% on lower guidance.
- Local.com (LOCM) announced a strategic partnership with IAC/Interactive’s Citysearch; stock trading up 7% on news.
- Nike (NKE) traded up 3% after $0.71 EPS on $4.3 Billion revenues vs. estimates $0.66/$4.3B.
- Oracle (ORCL) traded up 6% after beating earnings and giving slightly higher guidance; sees enterprise spending lasting into 2008.
- Pier 1 (PIR) -$0.11 EPS vs -$0.24 estimate.
- Research-in-Motion (RIMM) reports earnings after the close today.
- Rite Aid (RAD) indicated down about 5% after posting loss.
- Ruths Chris (RUTH) gave an earnings warning.
- Smart Modular Tech (SMOD) $0.18 EPS vs. $0.17 estimate.
- Steelcase (SCS) $0.30 EPS vs. $0.28 estimate.
- Superior Offshore (DEEP) signed a letter of intent with a strategic partner for ownership of a DP-III deepwater construction and dive support vessel expected to be delivered in late 2008.
- Tribune (TRB) buyout supposedly set to close today.
Jon C. Ogg
December 20, 2007