Below are the top analyst upgrades and downgrades we are looking at this Tuesday morning:
- Altria Group (NYSE: MO) Started as Buy at UBS.
- Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) started as Buy at Canaccord Adams.
- Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) raised to Outperform at Wachovia.
- International Paper (NYSE: IP) downgraded to Neutral at JP Morgan.
- National City (NYSE: NCC) raised to Market Perform at KBW.
- Novell (NASDAQ: NOVL) started as Buy at Broadpoint Capital.
- RiskMetrics (NYSE: RMG) raised to Buy at Banc of America.
- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) raised to Outperform at Bernstein.
- United Rentals (NYSE: URI) downgraded to Underweight at JP Morgan.
Citigroup raised overseas ship tankers to Buy from Hold: General Maritime (NYSE: GMR), Overseas Shipholding (NYSE: OSG), and Teekay Shipping (NYSE: TK).
Jon C. Ogg
March 18, 2008