These are not all of the upgrades or positive analyst calls seen this morning but these are some of the top calls seen this Friday morning:
- Aventine Renewable (NYSE: AVR) Raised to Buy from Neutral at UBS.
- Ball Corp (NYSE: BLL) Raised to Buy from Neutral at Goldman Sachs.
- Celanese (NYSE: CE) Started as Outperform at Credit Suisse.
- Entergy (NYSE: ETR) Raised to Buy from Hold at Jefferies.
- HCP (NYSE: HCP) Raised To Buy From Neutral By Goldman Sachs.
- Healthcare Realty Trust (NYSE: HR) Started as Outperform at Wachovia.
- Merck (NYSE: MRK) Started as Buy at Citigroup.
- Partner Communications (NASDAQ: PTNR) Started as Outperform at RBC Capital.
- Patterson-UTI Energy (NASDAQ: PTEN) Raised to Outperform at Credit Suisse.
- UAL (NASDAQ: UAUA) Raised to Overweight from Underweight at JPMorgan.
- Yum! Brands (NYSE: YUM) Raised to Outperform from Market Perform at Wachovia.
- VeraSun Energy (NYSE: VSE) Raised to Buy from Neutral at UBS.
Jon C. Ogg
July 18, 2008