Today was an interesting ride in the 52-week low club after we have seen very volatile markets. While oil fell $1.00 and while the S&P, NASDAQ, and DJIA were up most of the day, there were plenty of stocks gracing the 52-week lows:
- Akeena Solar, Inc. (AKNS)… down in sympathy with others, more speculative name in solar.
- American Electric Power (AEP)… becoming habitual.
- CompuCredit Corp. (CCRT) down over 10% more after another post-earnings sell-off.
- Edison International (EIX) making another appearance.
- General Growth Properties (GGP) making another appearance.
- LSI Industries (LYTS) killed on earnings and warning.
- Power Medical Interventions, Inc. (PMII) very poor earnings.
- Spreadtrum Communications (SPRD) lost 1/4 of its price on poor earnings. The silly company name doesn’t help.
Jon C. Ogg
August 14, 2008
Sponsored: Find a Qualified Financial Advisor
Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to 3 fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard to act in your best interests. If you’re ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.