The drop in commodities isn’t good for everyone apparently. Many metals stocks are on the list today, as are others. Here is a partial list of some semi-active stocks hitting 52-week lows today:
- Cameco (NYSE: CCJ) continued uranium weakness after its Cigar Lake troubles persist… and persist… and persist…
- CVR Energy (NYSE: CVI)… energy and fertilizer, recent IPO, so long for the fun times; becoming one of the worse performing post-IPO’s over the last year.
- Edison International (NYSE: EIX)… becoming habitual to see power generation companies
- McDermott (NYSE: MDR) after naming new CEO; stock back above lows but hit new 52-week lows this morning.
- Silver Standard Resources Inc. (NASDAQ: SSRI), one of the many speculative metals plays on the list
- Horsehead Holdings (NASDAQ: ZINC), again… it’s hard not to give this one at least two nicknames.
Jon C. Ogg
August 15, 2008
Sponsored: Tips for Investing
A financial advisor can help you understand the advantages and disadvantages of investment properties. Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to three financial advisors who serve your area, and you can interview your advisor matches at no cost to decide which one is right for you. If you’re ready to find an advisor who can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.
Investing in real estate can diversify your portfolio. But expanding your horizons may add additional costs. If you’re an investor looking to minimize expenses, consider checking out online brokerages. They often offer low investment fees, helping you maximize your profit.