The few winners out there on this ugly friday morning are few and far between, but here are some of the stocks that have managed to actually trade higher despite futures having traded limit down and despite the massive tank at the open.
- Celestica (NYSE: CLS) is trading up 13% at $4.15 on valuation after yesterday’s earnings. Its 52-week range is $3.60 to $9.86.
- Columbia Sportswear Company (NASDAQ: COLM) is up almost 6% at $32.65 after yesterday’s earnings, 52-week range is $29.02 to $52.99.
- Insituform Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: INSU) is up 7% at $10.55 after earnings yesterday, but only 23,000 shares; prior 52-week range $9.26 to $19.15.
- IPC Holdings Ltd. (NASDAQ: IPCR) up 14% at $23.00 after earnings and note conversions yesterday. 52-week range $19.05 to $33.75.
- Western Digital Corp. (NYSE: WDC) is up almost 7% at $13.96 after yesterday’s earnings were better then rival Seagate; its 52-week range is $12.00 to $40.00.
Jon C. Ogg
October 24, 2008