17 Key Earnings to Watch in the Week Ahead with Full Previews
Earnings season has been going strong, most DJIA components have reported earnings, and this coming first full week of November will mark the last week of major earnings reports from companies with quarters ending in September. Still, the earnings calendar remains full.
24/7 Wall St. has decided to publish previews for what will be the most important reports for their given sectors in the week ahead. Some could be market-movers, but all can be sector movers on any given day.
We have used estimates from Thomson Reuters for the earnings per share (EPS) and revenue estimates as well as for consensus analyst price targets. Some color has been added for each company based upon investor or trader issues to watch. Earnings estimates can change each day up to any of the reports, and companies can even change days that they report earnings.
24/7 Wall St. also just recently showed which DJIA stocks were doing the best and the worst based upon post-earnings reactions after looking at all of their earnings reports.
We still have many key oil and energy companies reporting in the week ahead but we have now seen the sector leaders report earnings. Earnings previews have been prepared for the following stocks:
- CME Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CME)
- Hertz Global Holdings Inc. (NYSE: HTZ)
- Kellogg Company (NYSE: K)
- DirecTV (NASDAQ: DTV)
- Office Depot Inc. (NYSE: ODP) and OfficeMax Incorporated (NYSE: OMX)
- Tesla Motors Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA)
- T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS)
- American Water Works Company Inc. (NYSE: AWK)
- Duke Energy Corp. (NYSE: DUK)
- QUALCOMM Inc. (NASDAQ: QCOM)
- Time Warner Inc. (NYSE: TWX)
- Whole Foods Market Inc. (NASDAQ: WFM)
- Groupon Inc. (NASDAQ: GRPN)
- Molycorp Inc. (NYSE: MCP)
- The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS)
- Priceline.com Inc. (NASDAQ: PCLN)
- The Wendy’s Company (NYSE: WEN)
CME Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CME) reports earnings on Monday morning. With all of the exchange mergers of the last decade this remains one of the dominant exchanges. Estimates are $0.73 EPS and $713.3 million in revenue. Keep in mind that this exchange is now worth $25 billion. At $74.70, the consensus analyst price target is only just barely higher at almost $75.50.
Hertz Global Holdings Inc. (NYSE: HTZ) is set to report after the close of trading on Monday. At $22.75, its stock has pulled back from a 52-week high of $27.75. Estimates for this last quarter are $0.71 EPS and $3.06 billion in revenue.
Kellogg Company (NYSE: K) reports on Monday morning and estimates are $0.89 EPS on sales of $3.71 billion. Shares are still considered to be lacking in any great things ahead, but the stock is now nearing 10% off its 52-week high and it is considered a key defensive stock that still pays a 3% dividend.