Special Report

This Is the State Where COVID-19 Cases Are Climbing Fastest

Source: DenisTangneyJr / Getty Images

46. Nebraska
> Change in daily avg. new COVID-19 cases week-over-week: 0.5 per 100,000 people
> Avg. new daily cases for week ending July 18: 4.8 per 100,000 people
> Avg. new daily cases for week ending July 11: 4.3 per 100,000 people
> Cumulative COVID-19 cases as of July 18: 11,699 per 100,000 people (total: 225,711)
> Cumulative COVID-19 deaths as of July 18: 118 per 100,000 people (total: 2,270)
> Population: 1,929,268

These are all the counties in Nebraska where COVID-19 is slowing (and where it’s still getting worse).

Source: DenisTangneyJr / Getty Images

47. New Hampshire
> Change in daily avg. new COVID-19 cases week-over-week: 0.4 per 100,000 people
> Avg. new daily cases for week ending July 18: 2.0 per 100,000 people
> Avg. new daily cases for week ending July 11: 1.6 per 100,000 people
> Cumulative COVID-19 cases as of July 18: 7,360 per 100,000 people (total: 99,840)
> Cumulative COVID-19 deaths as of July 18: 102 per 100,000 people (total: 1,381)
> Population: 1,356,458

These are all the counties in New Hampshire where COVID-19 is slowing (and where it’s still getting worse).

Source: SeanPavonePhoto / Getty Images

48. Pennsylvania
> Change in daily avg. new COVID-19 cases week-over-week: 0.4 per 100,000 people
> Avg. new daily cases for week ending July 18: 1.8 per 100,000 people
> Avg. new daily cases for week ending July 11: 1.4 per 100,000 people
> Cumulative COVID-19 cases as of July 18: 9,486 per 100,000 people (total: 1,214,927)
> Cumulative COVID-19 deaths as of July 18: 217 per 100,000 people (total: 27,772)
> Population: 12,807,060

These are all the counties in Pennsylvania where COVID-19 is slowing (and where it’s still getting worse).

Source: SeanPavonePhoto / Getty Images

49. Rhode Island
> Change in daily avg. new COVID-19 cases week-over-week: 0.1 per 100,000 people
> Avg. new daily cases for week ending July 18: 1.8 per 100,000 people
> Avg. new daily cases for week ending July 11: 1.7 per 100,000 people
> Cumulative COVID-19 cases as of July 18: 14,459 per 100,000 people (total: 152,873)
> Cumulative COVID-19 deaths as of July 18: 258 per 100,000 people (total: 2,732)
> Population: 1,057,315

These are all the counties in Rhode Island where COVID-19 is slowing (and where it’s still getting worse).

Source: EunikaSopotnicka / Getty Images

50. South Dakota
> Change in daily avg. new COVID-19 cases week-over-week: 0.1 per 100,000 people
> Avg. new daily cases for week ending July 18: 1.8 per 100,000 people
> Avg. new daily cases for week ending July 11: 1.7 per 100,000 people
> Cumulative COVID-19 cases as of July 18: 14,140 per 100,000 people (total: 124,750)
> Cumulative COVID-19 deaths as of July 18: 231 per 100,000 people (total: 2,040)
> Population: 882,235

These are all the counties in South Dakota where COVID-19 is slowing (and where it’s still getting worse).

Click here to see all coronavirus data for every state.