When Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) introduced its Amazon Prime service, the focus was on two-day free shipping for an annual fee of $79. The fee has risen to $99, but the number of services has grown as well.
In addition to two-day shipping, Prime members also have access to Prime Instant Video streaming and Amazon Music streaming, both also included in the annual fee. In addition, we found another 10 benefits Amazon makes available to Prime members that are pretty cool as well and certainly not as well known.
For some of these benefits there are requirements and exclusions that you need to check out on your own.
Here’s our list of 10 unknown benefits for Amazon Prime subscribers:
- Same-day shipping is free on some items in certain cities.
- Saturday and Sunday delivery of some items is available in some metro areas (not free).
- Recorded books at Audible are free to Prime subscribers. Regular subscription fee is $60 a year.
- Free unlimited photo storage plus 5 gigabytes of storage for videos, music and other files.
- 30-minute early access to Amazon Lightning deals.
- Prime members are permitted to borrow one e-book from the Kindle Library free each month. There is no due date on the e-book either.
- Amazon Family members who are also Prime members can save 20% on a subscription for regular delivery of diapers.
- A monthly subscription to Amazon FreeTime Unlimited for kids for $2.99 a month.
- Sign up for Amazon Household and certain Prime benefits may be shared by two adults in the same household.
- Save up to 15% when you sign up for Amazon Baby Register.