What Analysts Are Saying About Salesforce After Earnings
Salesforce.com Inc. (NYSE: CRM) released its fiscal third-quarter financial results after the markets closed on Tuesday. Overall, investors were happy with these results and analysts seemed to agree.
Here, 24/7 Wall St. has included some highlights from the earnings report, as well as what analysts are saying about the stock after the fact.
The company posted $0.61 in earnings per share (EPS) and $3.39 billion in revenue. That compared with consensus estimates of $0.50 in EPS and revenue of $3.37 billion, as well as the $0.39 per share and $2.68 billion reported in the same period of last year.
During the latest quarter, revenues increased by 26% year over year, as well as 26% in constant currency. Subscription and Support revenues were $3.17 billion, an increase of 26%, and Professional Services and other revenues were $224 million, an increase of 15%.
Separately, unearned revenue was $5.38 billion, an increase of 25% from last year and 26% in constant currency.
Looking ahead to the fiscal fourth quarter, the company expects to see EPS in the range of $0.54 to $0.55 and revenue between $3.551 billion and $3.561 billion. Consensus estimates call for $0.57 in EPS and $3.53 billion in revenue for the quarter.
Here’s what analysts had to say following the earnings report:
- Credit Suisse reiterated a Buy rating with a $175 price target.
- Robert Baird maintained it at Outperform but lowered its target to $165 from $180.
- Citigroup maintained a Buy rating and raised its price target to $183 from $178.
- JPMorgan reiterated a Buy rating with a $160 price target.
- RBC reiterated a Buy rating with a $182 price target.
- BMO Capital Markets reiterated an Outperform rating with a $175 target.
- Goldman Sachs reiterated a Buy rating with a $168 price target.
- Sanford Bernstein reiterated a Neutral rating and a $149 price target.
Shares of Salesforce closed on Friday at $142.76, with a consensus analyst price target of $172.22 and in a 52-week range of $98.68 to $161.19.