Datadog Inc. (NASDAQ: DDOG) shares dropped on Monday after a flurry of analyst calls were released in conjunction with the end of the firm’s post-IPO quiet period. For the most part, analysts were fairly positive despite the recent underperformance in the stock.
This comes after the stock entered the market with a bang. However, the stock has only gone down since the initial public offering, but it is still above the original pricing.
The stock originally priced at $27 per share, which was above the expected price range of $34 to $36, and that valued the offering at roughly $745.2 million.
This company operates a monitoring and analytics platform for developers, IT operations teams and business users in the cloud age. Datadog’s software as a service platform integrates and automates infrastructure monitoring, application performance monitoring and log management to provide unified, real-time observability of its customers’ entire technology stack.
As of June 30, the company had roughly 8,800 customers, an increase from approximately 7,700, 5,400 and 3,800 customers as of December 2018, 2017 and 2016, respectively. Approximately 590 of these customers as of June 30 had annual run-rate revenue of $100,000 or more.
Here’s what analysts had to say:
- Needham initiated coverage with a Buy rating and a $45 price target.
- Raymond James initiated coverage with a Market Perform rating.
- JPMorgan initiated coverage with an Overweight rating and a $45 target.
- JMP Securities initiated coverage with a Market Perform rating.
- Barclays started coverage with an Overweight rating and a $45 target.
- Stifel initiated coverage with a Buy rating and a $40 price target.
- Jefferies initiated coverage with a Hold rating and a $34 target.
- William Blair initiated coverage with an Outperform rating.
- Morgan Stanley started coverage with an Equal Weight rating and a $39 target.
- Goldman Sachs initiated coverage with a Neutral rating and a $33 price target.
- RBC initiated coverage with a Sector Perform rating and a $39 price target.
Shares of Datadog traded down about 5% to $33.69 on Monday, in a post-IPO range of $30.01 to $41.44.