Pre-Market Stock News (December 6, 2007)
December 6, 2007 8:06 am
Below is some of the top pre-market news affecting individual shares that 247WallSt.com is reviewing:
- AMERCO (NASDAQ: UHAL) announce a $50 million share buyback plan.
- Children’s Place Retail Stores (NASDAQ: PLCE) NOV s-s-s were +3%.
- Coca-Cola (NYSE: KO) announced its CEO succession plan, Kent will replace Isdell in July 2008.
- Costco (NASDAQ: COST) same-store sales rose 9%. Analysts had expected 6.6%.
- Eli Lilly (NYSE: LLY) put 2008 EPS guidance at $3.85-4.00, slightly above consensus.
- Family Dollar (NYSE: FDO) issued downside guidance with same-store-sales.
- Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE: FCX) was noted as Cramer’s Top Mining & Minerals stock on MAD MONEY.
- GameStop Corp. (NYSE:GME) will replace Dow Jones (NYSE:DJ) in the S&P 500 Index on date TBA.
- Hoku Scientific (NASDAQ: HOKU) shares trading up 35% after it signed a term sheet for financing its Polysilicon Plant in Idaho with $185 million.
- Limited Brands (NYSE: LTD) NOV s-s-s -7%.
- Pacific Sunwear (NASDAQ: PSUN) NOV s-s-s +2.3%.
- Rambus (NASDAQ: RMBS) rose 1.7% to $20.19 as SEC dropped options investigation with no action recommended.
- Sierra Pacific (NYSE: SRP) filed to sell 12 million shares in a secondary.
- Toll Brothers (NYSE: TOL) reported its first quarterly loss in two decades; EPS were -$0.52 versus -$0.47 estimates.
- VF Corp. (NYSE: VFC) noted as Buy by Cramer on MAD MONEY.
Jon C. Ogg
December 6, 2007
Jon Ogg can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org; he does not own securities in the companies he covers.