52-Week Low Club (AA, BT, CVC, CECO, CSCO, CLWR, CPWR, CSC, COCO, EBAY, ELOY, ENER, ESI, MOT)
January 22, 2008 4:16 pm
These are not at all the only stocks we saw hitting 52-week lows. These are the main names we follow that closed lower and that challenged their 52-week lows:
- ALCOA (AA) opened at new 52-week lows but managed to close above the low; down almost 1% today.
- BT Group (PLC) down almost 8% after U.K. markets were open yesterday and we weren’t.
- Boeing (BA) opened at new 52-week lows but managed to close above the low; still -1% today.
- Cablevision (CVC)… I bet Mr. Gabelli wants that old Dolan buyout offer now.
- Career Education (CECO) down 14% after Sallie Mae terminated its loan program, ouch.
- Cisco Systems (CSCO) down 3.6% more… so much for enterprise tech spending?
- Clearwire (CLWR) down almost 8% to $11.48…post-IPO lows.
- Compuware (CPWR) down 4% to $6.38, after only announcing its earnings date.
- Computer Science Corp. (CSC) closed barely under the $38.65 prior low at $38.61.
- Corinthian Colleges (COCO) fell 30% after Sallie Mae terminated its loan program.
- eBay (EBAY) on Meg Whitman leaving; earnings tomorrow.
- eLoyalty (ELOY) down 8% to $9.02; prior low $9.48.
- Energy Conversion Devices (ENER) down 6% and barely managed to close above 52-week lows on a weak alternative energy sector.
….And that is just through the majors starting with “E”.
- ITT Education Serivces (ESI) down 15% after Sallie Mae terminated loan programs.
- Motorola (MOT) still losing ground despite Icahn’s efforts…. guess who is a huge Sprint Nextel wireless phone supplier?
Jon C. Ogg
January 22, 2008