It is going to be hard to get traders to care about mere upgrades and downgrades on a day when the Federal Reserve did an inter-meeting emergency rate cut to stave off a 500+ point drop in the DJIA. But here are some of the calls from analysts today:
- AFLAC inc. (AFL) raised to Buy from Neutral at Goldman Sachs.
- American Express (AXP) downgraded to Hold at Citigroup.
- Barrick Gold (ABX) upgraded to Outperform at Credit Suisse.
- Cardtronics (CATM) started as Buy at Banc of America; started as Buy at Deutsche Bank; started as Buy at Piper Jaffray.
- Kohl’s (KSS) & Lowe’s (LOW) raised to Outperform at Bernstein.
- lululemon althletica (LULU) downgraded to Underperform at BMO Capital.
- MedAssets (MDAS) started as Buy at Deutsche Bank; started as Neutral at Piper Jaffray; started as Market Perform at Wachovia.
- MetLife (MET) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman Sachs.
- Medco Health Solutions (MHS) cut to Neutral at UBS.
- Teekay Tankers (TNK) started as Overweight at JPMorgan; started as Hold at Citigroup.
Jon C. Ogg
January 22, 2008
Sponsored: Tips for Investing
A financial advisor can help you understand the advantages and disadvantages of investment properties. Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to three financial advisors who serve your area, and you can interview your advisor matches at no cost to decide which one is right for you. If you’re ready to find an advisor who can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.
Investing in real estate can diversify your portfolio. But expanding your horizons may add additional costs. If you’re an investor looking to minimize expenses, consider checking out online brokerages. They often offer low investment fees, helping you maximize your profit.