Today’s list of stocks is somewhat void of financial stocks, yet many of these you’ll recognize. Here are today’s 52-week lows:
- AU Optronics Corp. (NYSE: AUO) stock rose over prior lows but still looking weak after continued weakness.
- CVR Energy, Inc. (NYSE: CVI) yet again.
- eDiets.com (NASDAQ: DIET) preliminary earnings showing economics win over the need to lose weight and live healthy.
- Entropic Communications (NASDAQ: ENTR) downgraded at Piper Jaffray a week ahead of earnings.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. (NYSE: FDP) down 14% after earnings miss.
- Global Industries Ltd. (NASDAQ: GLBL)…….. offshore oil & gas on lows?
- O2Micro International Ltd. (NASDAQ: OIIM) down another 8%; now down over 2/3 from highs.
- PC Connection Inc. (NASDAQ: PCCC) profit fell 12% and sees revenue flat in Q3; direct PC/IT marketing must not work for all.
- Sony Corp. (NYSE: SNE) dismal earnings got them to 52-week lows.
- Tennant Co. (NYSE: TNC) profit drop, weak guidance.. wow, even in cleaning solutions get weak.
- Trident Microsystems Inc. (NASDAQ: TRID) disappointing earnings and at least 2 downgrades; shares down 26% late; now down 80% from highs.
- Zoran Corp. (NASDAQ: ZRAN) weak outlook and five downgrades… chips are used in DVD players, home theater systems and other electronics, cited economic weakness and a slowdown in consumer spending. Go figure.
The market may have risen huge today, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t many losers when the economy is still in the tank.
Jon C. Ogg
July 29, 2008