Some of the analyst upgrades in technology are just a reversal of an extreme negative bias to a cautious or neutral tone, but as you will see below there are a few standout calls. There is also one call which an analyst should be ashamed of…. here are the tech research calls:
- Ariba (NASDAQ: ARBA) was raised from Neutral to Outperform at Cowen.
- Juniper Networks (NASDAQ: JNPR) was raisaed from Perform to Outperform at Oppenheimer.
- Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) was reaised from Hold to Buy at Stifel Nicolaus.
- Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD) was raised from Sell to Neutral at UBS.
- SanDisk (NASDAQ: SNDK) was raised from Underperform to Neutral at Cowen.
For whatever this is worth, Nortel Networks (NYSE: NT) was downgradedby UBS to neutral from buy. Shares are down 3% at $1.19 and its52-week trading range is $1.05 to $19.50. Talk about the world’stardiest research call.
Jon C. Ogg
October 27, 2008