Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Apple, ARM, DaVita, GE, GoPro, Itron and Many More
General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE) was maintained as Buy with a $29 price target at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, with the firm saying that the fundamentals are better than sentiment would suggest. Still, the firm cut its 2014 earnings from $1.69 to $1.67 per share as higher industrial profit growth is more than offset by higher corporate expense forecast.
GoPro Inc. (NASDAQ: GPRO) has seen its quiet period come to an end. What is interesting is that the full coverage was very mixed in ratings, yet the stock was indicated up 2% early Monday.
Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes S.A. (NYSE: GOL) was raised to Buy from Neutral with an $8 price target (versus a $5.80 close) at Merrill Lynch.
Itron Inc. (NASDAQ: ITRI) was downgraded to Underperform from Buy and the price target was cut to $39 from $40 at Merrill Lynch. The firm sees risks to growth increasing due to meter roll-out delays and new competitive threats.
Materialise N.V. (NASDAQ: MTLS) was started as Outperform and assigned a $15 price target (versus a $12.46 close) at Credit Suisse. The firm said the company is a software play with exposure to key 3D growth engines for medical and increasing production use.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: REGN) was started with a Buy rating and a target price of $375 (versus a $305.92 close) at Argus. The firm based coverage on Eylea growth in wet age-related macular degeneration, additional Eylea uses, valuable collaboration agreements with Sanofi and Bayer, and a strong pipeline for drugs covering rheumatoid arthritis and cholesterol reduction.
TCP International Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: TCPI) was started as Buy and was given a $15 price target (versus a $10.85 close) at Canaccord Genuity. Cowen started coverage as Outperform and with an $18 price target.
Other analyst calls worth noting on Monday were as follows:
- America Movil SAB de C.V. (NYSE: AMX) was downgraded to Sell from Hold by Morgan Stanley.
- AU Optronics Corp. (NYSE: AUO) was downgraded from Neutral to Sell by UBS.
- Avianca Holdings S.A. (NYSE: AVH) was downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Merrill Lynch.
- Baker Hughes Inc. (NYSE: BHI) was raised to Buy at Guggenheim.
- ITC Holdings Corp. (NYSE: ITC) was raised to Buy with a price target of $42 (versus a $35.87 close) at Argus.
- LATAM Airlines Group S.A. (NYSE: LFL) was downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Merrill Lynch.