Last week ended with a furious rally that pushed the indexes back into positive territory for 2016, after the sell-off that started the year had moved stocks into correction territory for the second time in just over six months. The premarket futures are slightly higher to start off the week as investors prepare for an onslaught of first-quarter earnings results, which are right around the corner.
24/7 Wall St. reviews dozens of analyst research reports each morning to find new trading and investing ideas for its readers. Some analyst calls cover stocks to buy, while others cover stocks to sell or avoid.
These are this Monday’s top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations.
Apple Inc.‘s (NASDAQ: AAPL) price target was raised to $150 from $140 and the stock was added to the U.S. Focus List at Credit Suisse. The consensus price target is posted at $134.35, with the 52-week high at $134.54.
Dupont Fabros Technology Inc. (NYSE: DFT) was downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup. Shares closed on Friday at $41.28, which is just shy of the 52-week high of $41.60 that was printed intraday Friday.
Express Scripts Holding Co. (NASDAQ: ESRX) was raised to Outperform from Market Perform at Cowen. The stock closed Friday at $69.11. The consensus price target is $80.83, and the 52-week trading range is $65.55 to $94.61.
(NASDAQ: FB) had its price target raised from $145 to $150 at Axiom Capital. The consensus price target is at $133.91. The shares closed Friday at $116.06, within a 52-week range of $72 to $117.59. The stock was down in premarket action Monday at $114.65.
Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) was raised to Overweight at KeyBank Capital Markets. Shares closed Friday at $29.46, within a 52-week price range of $21.57 to $43.25.
Intel Inc. (NASDAQ: INTC) was downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Exane BNP Paribas. The stock closed Friday at $32.45. The consensus price target is $36, and the 52-week range is $24.87 to $35.59.
J.M. Smucker Co. (NYSE: SJM) was downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Goldman Sachs. It closed on Friday up over 2% at $132.52, within a 52 week range of $104.30 to $132.64. Shares were trading at $130.86 in the premarket.
Schlumberger Ltd. (NYSE: SLB) was resumed with an Outperform rating at Credit Suisse. The stock closed Friday at $72.12 and has a consensus price target of $82.51. The 52 week trading range is $59.60 to $95.13.
Other key analysts upgrades and downgrades were seen in the following:
- Allegheny Technologies Inc. (NYSE: ATI) was downgraded to Underperform from Market Perform at Cowen.
- Ameren Corp. (NYSE: AEE) was raised to Overweight from Equal Weight at Barclays.
- Blackberry Ltd. (NASDAQ: BBRY) was resumed with a Sector Perform rating at RBC Capital Markets, and the price target was lowered from $9 to $8. The consensus target for the stock is $7.86, above Friday’s closing price of $7.48.
- Energizer Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ENR) was raised to Buy from Neutral at Goldman Sachs, and the price target was raised to $49 from $38.
- Energy Transfer Partners L.P. (NYSE: ETP) was downgraded to Hold from Buy at Stifel.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (NYSE: MMP) was downgraded to Hold from Buy at Wunderlich with a price target of $68, compared to the consensus price objective of $76.31.
- McDermott International Inc. (NYSE; MDR) was downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Credit Suisse.
- Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (NASDAQ: SWHC) was downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Cowen.
- Workday Inc. (NYSE: WDAY) saw its price target raised to $92 from $72 at RBC Capital Markets. The consensus price target is $75.91.
If you missed Friday’s top analyst upgrades and downgrades, they included Capital One, Energen, Micron Technology, Salesforce.com, United Continental, Viacom and more.