Huge Cyber Monday Sales at Sears
Sears Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ: SHLD) has long brought up the rear among major retailers. This company could stand for a turnaround, and Cyber Monday could very well be the time with all the deals that Sears is offering.
Customers get free shipping with at least $35 worth of purchases, or even in-store pickup if they prefer. However, there are even more discounts and savings across the different departments. These are just some of the offerings from Sear’s Cyber Monday deals.
The appliances department is offering a couple massive deals:
- A Kenmore French door stainless steel refrigerator is currently going for $999.99, just 50% off the regular price of $1999.99.
- A Kenmore front-load washer costs only $449.99, compared to the regular sale price of $939.99.
- Kenmore Elite and Kenmore Pro cooking appliances were retailing Monday for 50% off the regular price.
As a huge retailer of tools, Sears is capable of offering huge discounts across the board:
- The Craftsman 85-piece mechanics tool set is now 60% off, retailing at $39.99 compared to $99.99.
- The Craftsman Home Series 6-drawer tool center with bulk storage panel door price is cut by one-third and goes for $99.99.
- The Craftsman C3 Max Axess auto ratchet kit is 71% off at $39.99, compared to $139.99.
The Electronics department offered great deals as well:
- Seiki 32-inch Class 720p LED HDTV is discounted by 25% to $149.99, versus the regular price of $199.99.
- Amazon Fire TV is now 25% off, retailing at $74.99 compared to the regular price of $99.99.
- Amazon Echo is also being offered at $149.99, which is $30 off the normal price of $179.99.
The National Retail Federation (NRF) expects a total of 121 million people to shop online in 2015, compared to the previous year that totaled nearly 127 million consumers. The NRF’s CEO, Matthew Shay, commented on the accessibility and rise to prominence of Cyber Monday:
Unlike ten years ago, we live in a world in which you can shop anywhere at any time. It’s no longer about one day, but a season of digital deals, and savvy online shoppers are ready to see what exclusive promotions retailers have in store for Cyber Monday before they checkout. Shoppers have seen promotions roll out for the past several weeks, but if the price is right on Cyber Monday, they’ll definitely show up ready to spend.
Shares of Sears were seen last trading above $21, near the lower end of the 52-week trading range. So far in 2015, the stock is down nearly 33%.