Special Report

The Most And Least Popular Governors During the Pandemic

Source: Alex Wong / Getty Images

16. Gov. Asa Hutchinson (R) of Arkansas
> Approve or strongly approve: 52%
> Highest approval rating during COVID-19: 65% – late April
> Lowest approval rating during COVID-19: 41% – late July
> Nov 2020 unemployment: 6.2% (21st highest)
> COVID-19 infections as of Jan 10, 2021: 8,353 per 100,000 people — 13th highest (total: 251,746)

Source: Karen Ducey / Getty Images News via Getty Images

17. Gov. Jay Inslee (D) of Washington
> Approve or strongly approve: 52%
> Highest approval rating during COVID-19: 70% – late April
> Lowest approval rating during COVID-19: 50% – late August
> Nov 2020 unemployment: 6.0% (24th highest)
> COVID-19 infections as of Jan 10, 2021: 3,604 per 100,000 people — 5th lowest (total: 271,595)

Source: 187fw / Flickr

18. Gov. Kay Ivey (R) of Alabama
> Approve or strongly approve: 51%
> Highest approval rating during COVID-19: 60% – late April
> Lowest approval rating during COVID-19: 44% – late August
> Nov 2020 unemployment: 4.4% (10th lowest)
> COVID-19 infections as of Jan 10, 2021: 8,222 per 100,000 people — 15th highest (total: 401,900)

Source: Stephen Maturen / Getty Images

19. Gov. Tim Walz (D) of Minnesota
> Approve or strongly approve: 51%
> Highest approval rating during COVID-19: 71% – late April
> Lowest approval rating during COVID-19: 49% – September
> Nov 2020 unemployment: 4.4% (10th lowest)
> COVID-19 infections as of Jan 10, 2021: 7,780 per 100,000 people — 21st highest (total: 436,572)

Source: Scott Olson / Getty Images News via Getty Images

20. Gov. Eric Holcomb (R) of Indiana
> Approve or strongly approve: 50%
> Highest approval rating during COVID-19: 71% – late April
> Lowest approval rating during COVID-19: 46% – September
> Nov 2020 unemployment: 5.0% (17th lowest)
> COVID-19 infections as of Jan 10, 2021: 8,423 per 100,000 people — 11th highest (total: 563,653)