The betting started last summer when Amazon’s market cap broke $900 million. Here’s what’s happened since then.
Five who bet on Amazon:
- Brad Stone, Bloomberg: It’s Apple vs. Amazon in the Race to $1 Trillion. Though it needs a 13 percent stock boost, [Amazon] could conceivably get across the finish line first.
- Boris Schlossberg, BK Asset Management: Trading Nation: Amazon is hot on Apple’s trail. I think Amazon is the one that reaches that target first because investors are actually much more excited about Amazon’s business model.
- Bill Baruch, Blue Line Futures: Amazon is hot on Apple’s trail; I’m going with Amazon here. I think Amazon is firing on all cylinders.
- Jamie Condliffe, New York Times: Amazon Closes In on Apple. The race to surpass the symbolic market cap is Apple’s to lose.
- Philip Elmer-DeWitt, Apple 3.0: Apple vs. Amazon: Why race to $1 trillion? Whether at this milestone or another, Amazon’s market cap will eventually overtakes Apple’s.