This morning we got to see the new equity holdings of T. Boone Pickens, via his BP Capital Management, L.P., as of March 31, 2009. Some of the higher stakes look to be in Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE: CHK), Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE: DVN), Suncor Energy Inc. (NYSE: SU), and Transocean Ltd. (NYSE: RIG). Here is the full list of holdings for Pickens’ BP Capital with the implied value as of the reporting dat of March 31:
- ALPHA NATURAL RESOURCES (NYSE: ANR) 230,000 shares worth $4.083 million.
- ANADARKO PETEROLEUM (NYSE: APC) 50,000 shares worth $1.945 million.
- CABOT OIL & GAS (NYSE: COG) 200,000 shares worth $4.714 million.
- CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP. (NYSE: CHK) 200,000 shares worth $3.412 million; higher stake than before.
- CONSOL ENERGY INC. (NYSE: CNX) 150,000 shares worth $3.786 million.
- DEVON ENERGY CORP. (NYSE: DVN) 250,000 shares worth $11.173 million; higher stake than before.
- FLUOR CORP. (NYSE: FLR) 59,000 shares worth $2.038 million.
- FOSTER WHEELER AG (NASDAQ: FWLT) 132,000 shares worth $2.306 million.
- HALLIBURTON COMPNAY (NYSE: HAL) 200,000 shares worth $3.094 million.
- MASSEY ENERGY CO. (NYSE: MEE) 325,000 shares worth $3.289 million.
- MCMORAN EXPLORATION (NYSE: MMR) 200,000 shares worth $0.940 million.
- OCCIDENTAL PETE CORP. (NYSE: OXY) 200,000 shares worth $11.130 million.
- QUESTAR CORP. (NYSE: STR) 160,000 shares worth $4.709 million.
- SCHLUMBERGER LTD. (NYSE: SLB) 75,000 shares worth $3.047 million.
- SUNCOR ENERGY INC. (NYSE: SU) 300,000 shares worth $6.663 million; higher stake than before.
- TRANSOCEAN LTD. (NYSE: RIG) 450,000 shares worth $26.478 million; higher than before,
- WEATHERFORD INTERNATIONAL (NYSE: WFT) 100,000 shares worth $1.107 million.
There may be other holdings in different entities, but these were the positions seen in the TBP Investments Management, LLC unit.
Jon C. Ogg