The final list of Warren Buffett’s year-end stock holdings from Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. (NYSE: BRK-A) are out and we broke them down alphabetically with this being the “S to Z” stock list. The cut off here is December 31, 2008 and we have added in some color for how this compares to last quarter’s report:
- Sanofi Aventis (NYSE: SNY) more than 3.9 million shares, same as before.
- Sun Trust Bank (NYSE: STI) more than 3.2 million shares, same as before.
- Torchmark Corp. (NYSE: TMK) looks roughly the same at 2.82 million.
- US Bancorp (NYSE: USB) about 67.6 million shares, down from over 72.9 million last quarter.
- USG Corp. (NYSE: USG) 17.072 million shares, looks same as last quarter.
- Union Pacific Corp. (NYSE: UNP) 8.9 million shares, same as before.
- United Parcel Service (NYSE: UPS) 1.429 million shares, same as before.
- WABCO Holdings (NYSE: WBC) 2.7 million shares, same as before.
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE: WMT) over 19.9 million shares, same as before.
- Washington Post (NYSE: WPO) over 1.72 million shares, same as before.
- Wells Fargo (NYSE: WFC) roughly 290.4 million shares, looks same as before.
- Wellpoint Inc. (NYSE: WLP) 4.7773 million shares, same as before.
- Wesco Financial Corp. (NYSE: WSC) 5.7 million shares, same as before.
Jon C. Ogg
February 17, 2009
Sponsored: Find a Qualified Financial Advisor
Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to 3 fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard to act in your best interests. If you’re ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.