When Lululemon Athletica Inc. (NASDAQ: LULU) reported its most recent quarterly results late on Tuesday, overall the yoga apparel manufacturer had a solid report. Analysts have rewarded the firm by hiking their price targets.
24/7 Wall St. has included some brief highlights from the earnings report, as well as what analysts are saying after the fact.
The firm posted $1.33 in earnings per share (EPS) on $928.8 million in revenue. Consensus estimates had called for $1.27 in EPS on revenue of $911.42 million. The same period of last year reportedly had EPS of $1.00 and $789.94 million in revenue.
During the quarter, total comparable sales increased 12%, or increased 11% on a constant dollar basis. Separately, comparable store sales increased 2%, or increased 1% on a constant dollar basis, and direct to consumer net revenue increased 44%, or increased 42%.
Looking ahead to the fiscal first quarter, the firm expects net revenue to be in the range of $612 million to $617 million, based on a total comparable sales increase in the low double digits on a constant dollar basis. Also, EPS is expected to be between $0.44 and $0.46. The consensus estimates call for EPS of $0.40 and $585.9 million in revenue for the quarter.
Here’s what analysts had to say after the announcement:
- Susquehanna raised its price target to $97 from $93.
- Bernstein raised its price target from $72 to $80.
- RBC raised its target price to $92 from $90.
- Instinet raised its price target to $90 from $86.
- Jefferies has a Hold rating and raised its target to $82 from $72.
- Canaccord Genuity has a Hold rating and raised its target to $85 from $75.
- Deutsche Bank has a Buy rating and raised its price target from $95 to $96.
- Barclays has an Overweight rating and raised its target to $100 from $95.
- Cowen has an Outperform rating and raised its price target to $96 from $90.
- JPMorgan has an Overweight rating and raised its target price to $95 from $92.
- Credit Suisse reiterated an Outperform rating and raised its target to $98 from $96.
- Wells Fargo rates it at Market Perform and raised its price target from $79 to $82.
- B. Riley has a Neutral rating and raised its price target to $83 from $78.
- Merrill Lynch has a Buy rating and raised its price objective to $95 from $90.
- Needham reiterated a Buy rating and raised the target to $100 from $95.
Shares of Lululemon were last seen up about 10% at $86.80 on Wednesday, with a consensus analyst price target of $84.33 and a 52-week trading range of $47.26 to $87.98.
Sponsored: Find a Qualified Financial Advisor
Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to 3 fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard to act in your best interests. If you’re ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.