The NYSE Euronext has commenced the launch of trading of an ETF, actually an ETN, that will allow traders to trade several currencies just like buying or selling a stock.
5 Elements Spot Currency Exchange Traded Notes (ETN’s) were launched on the NYSE Arca this morning. The 5 listings track the Euro, Swiss Franc, Canadian Dollar, Australian Dollar, and the British Pound. The listings are as follows:
- EUR/USD Exchange Rate ETN (NYSE: ERE) tracks the Euro.
- CHF/USD Exchange Rate ETN (NYSE: SZE) tracks the Swiss Franc.
- CAD/USD Exchange Rate ETN (NYSE: CUD) tracks the Canadian Dollar.
- AUD/USD Exchange Rate ETN (NYSE: ADE) tracks the Australian Dollar.
- GBP/USD Exchange Rate ETN (NYSE: EGB) tracks the British Pound.
Unfortunately, trading data has not been seen.
February 22, 2008